Overview | IIBA® Benefits | Chapter Benefits | Become a Member | Contact Us | Not Ready to Join | Chapter Members
Chapters are groups of members in a local geographic region who are self-organized and whose intention is to provide local value for themselves. Chapters represent the interests of their members. Successful chapters reflect the enthusiasm, participation and energy of their members. All Hartford chapter members must also be IIBA® International members.
If you are interested in the current issues and challenges facing business analysts; if you enjoy meeting with colleagues for friendship and knowledge sharing; if you value professional growth and discovering best practices in your chosen career, please join our chapter. Our full list of member benefits is shown below.
When you join IIBA®, you become a member of an international association dedicated to developing and promoting the Business Analysis profession.
International Membership Benefits
• Discounted fee for the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) exam
• Access to IIBA Members-only content, including articles, monthly newsletters and the monthly Tips & Techniques Bulletin
• Free access to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) 2.0 (release date March 31, 2009)
• Personal use of the membership logo and trademark as a “Member of the International Institute of Business Analysis”
• Eligibility to join a local IIBA Chapter
• Networking opportunities with other Business Analysis professionals
• Opportunity to influence and contribute to the profession and service of Business Analysis
• Access to Endorsed Education Providers (EEPTM) so members can improve their skills
• Access to forums for sharing your expertise, expressing your professional opinion, and building a reputation within the industry
• Access to the IIBA Webinar Series featuring a range of professional development topics
IIBA Hartford Membership Benefits
In addition to the benefits provided by IIBA® International, our local chapter offers its members a professional environment where they can:
• Develop in-depth knowledge of business analysis best practices and ideas
• Network with fellow business analysts within the greater Hartford area
• Keep current and involved with professional practices and developments
• Share expertise and learn from others
• Influence and contribute to the stature of business analysis professionals building careers around the Hartford area
• Opportunities for leadership through participation on committees
• Promote the BA profession to the greater Hartford business community
• Participate in professional events
As a member of our chapter you also get the following benefits:
• Discounted professional development events
• One or more free seminars per year exclusive to chapter members
• Free access to local and virtual IIBA BABOK and CBAP study groups
• Voting privileges for defining chapter direction
How to Become a Member
In order to join a local chapter, you must be a current member of IIBA at the International level. Becoming a member is easy, just follow these two steps:
1. Sign up for IIBA International membership. International membership is $125USD annually. Payment by credit card or check is accepted. You can pay online or through the mail. Once your payment is received and processed, you will receive an email confirming the receipt of your payment, your IIBA member number, and your payment expiration date.
2. Sign up for Local Chapter Membership
Annual membership for the Hartford Chapter is $20. Click on the link above or the enroll button below to pay using your credit card or PayPal account. You can also attend a local chapter meeting and pay the dues via cash or check.
Your local dues will be good for the remainder of the chapter year you sign up for. Chapter years run from September - August. Dues are not pro-rated, so if you join after September, the membership fee is still $20. Note: your International membership must remain active in order for you to obtain the benefits of chapter membership.
Contact Us - Membership Questions
If you have questions regarding membership, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not Sure if You're Ready to Join?
If you are not ready to join the chapter yet, we invite you to join the Chapter Mailing List. We can keep you up-to-date with the latest chapter news and tell you about the benefits our members are experiencing. You can attend events and study groups at non-member prices. We're sure you'll change your mind in no time!
If you are a chapter member and wish to obtain any of the following information, please send an email to email@example.com
• Meeting Minutes
• Treasurer's Reports and Audited financial statement
• Copies of state and federal tax returns
• A membership list
• A list of the names and contact information for our current Directors and Officers
• Copies of the annual reports that have been filed with the Secretary of State