Photo credit: John Groo for the Hartford Business Improvement District
IIBA Hartford is a chapter of International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA). The chapter provides educational, leadership and networking opportunities for members and prospective members in the Hartford, CT and surrounding areas. These members and prospects come from various disciplines including:
• Business Analysis
• Systems Analysis
• Business Systems Analysis
• Project Management
• Requirements Analysis
• Process Modeling
• Use Case Writing
• Quality Assurance
Educational opportunities include speakers at chapter events covering Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®), a BABOK study group for members, and one or more free seminars for members each chapter year.
• The chapter was established in July 2006.
• As of September 2010, just under 20 chapter members have obtained the Certified Business Analysis ProfessionalTM (CBAP®) designation. For a list of our current recipients, visit the Chapter’s CBAP page.
• The chapter became incorporated in 2009.
• The chapter normally meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month. Please check our event calendar for upcoming event dates.
• Regions served: Greater Hartford, other CT counties and Western Massachusetts.
Some of the benefits the Hartford, CT Chapter offers are included below. For a complete list, visit the membership page.
• Free attendance to monthly events focused on a variety of business analysis topics, ranging from novice to expert and covering all aspects of the BABOK. The meetings include a free dinner.
• One or more free seminars per year exclusively for chapter members.
• A study group to prepare for the Certified Business Analysis ProfessionalTM (CBAP) and Certification of Competency in Business AnalysisTM (CCBATM) exams.
• Volunteer and leadership opportunities on committees and the chapter’s Board of Directors.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Hartford chapter, please visit the membership page to find information on:
• IIBA parent organization benefits and additional chapter benefits.
• The process for joining the chapter.
• Membership dues.
If you are interested in joining the Hartford chapter or have a question or comment you would like to share, please contact
or use our contact us form.
If you want to receive reminders about our upcoming events, please sign up for our email list.
The 2014-2015 Lecture Series
BAs Battle Ambiguity
May 27, 2015
Monthly Chapter Meeting
Introduction to Lean Thinking and Kanban
Bill Sesko, Director of Information Technology - Travelers
Check out our Volunteer Opportunities